martes, 28 de agosto de 2012

Advice for first timer at Adsense in Your City?

Advice for first timer at Adsense in Your City?
 4:23 pm on Aug 28, 2012 (gmt 0)
I've never been but will be attending a session soon. Going into this I don't have much of a clue. Is this a situation where you only really want to bring up one of your sites during your session? What if they think your site sucks? I did have a couple questions about business adsense accounts but is there usually not an opportunity to ask one on one questions that are more general? I read somebody here mention you have to arrange a meeting like that for asking oddball questions. I emailed and never got back a response.

I think for the most part I'm a bit anxious as to how prepared I need to be. I have various sites but I don't know if it's a situation where you have to pick one and go in there with it. Does it matter which site I bring in with my stats?

I'm feeling a bit down about my sites and my Adsense earnings. I want to be positive going in there although earnings are down as much as 40-50% for months now. Any advice going into this (blindly) would be appreciated. Thanks.

 4:52 pm on Aug 28, 2012 (gmt 0)
Don't stress or worry about it. They will give some general comments on various topics first. At my session, they wanted to talk lots about mobile - something that could generate lots of traffic for some sites but will be difficult to monitize for many. After the general comments, they will then meet individually with site owners and look at your site. They dont have time to look at lots of different sites if you own many (because they meet individually with every site owner who attends), so they will want to look at your best one or two performers on Google adsense.

They dont have any magic up their sleeves. Most of the suggestions will be along the lines of things you constantly hear from them and can find on G's adsense website - Put your ads in the "hotspots" that attract people's vision, maximize the number of ads on your pages, blend colors of the ads and page background, make all of your ads accept both image and text. You do get a chance to ask questions, and the staffer I talked with was fairly candid and honest. They are helpful and supportive - no one will be telling you your site stinks.

Pick up whatever info you can get your hands on. I got an adsense policy booklet that they dont normally give out.

Talk to other website owners - networking is good.

I had to drive about 130 miles to attend my session - and I thought it was well worth it.

 4:54 pm on Aug 28, 2012 (gmt 0)
(From what I recall) The one I went to couple of years back had a seminar session with young energetic google folks running the show and talking about new exciting adsense products and features. Followed by break time with food & drinks. More talks and product overviews in the second half. You can ask questions during these periods but answers are generally brief.

After the official Adsense in Your City sessions you can have individual sessions with the Adsense team and they can go over your site(s) with you to help you increase conversions. The individual sessions are scheduled on a first-come-first-serve basis and made when you arrive in the morning. So if you do want the individual appt you should try to get there a bit before the sessions starts if your city is generally a busy one.

I wouldn't worry to much about stats. I didn't get a feel that these folks would pour into your stats in detail or even care. It was more "place a banner" here, increase "ad content" here, blah, blah. Nothing specific. Most of these folks were under 25-30 and seem fresh out of college.

Sorry your Adsense earnings are down. The upside is that if you learn one thing new there it is at least worth it and perhaps you may meet other publishers you can share something with.

 4:56 pm on Aug 28, 2012 (gmt 0)
Bring business cards. This is as much a networking event between publishers as it is a meet and greet between you and the AdSense personnel.

Find out what the parking situation is ahead of time. That way if it's tricky you won't be late or have to overpay for public parking. Some of the campuses (like the one in San Francisco) are located in areas that are inconvenient for parking.

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Archivo del blog